[Stk] Mandolin class

Perry R Cook prc@CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:17:46 -0500 (EST)

Liam,

I can't answer the former, but the latter I can.
They each were taken simultaneously from an array of
12 microphones placed equally (on the vertices of a
dodecahedron, or on the faces of an icosahedron), around
a real human holding a real mandolin, who whacked that
mandolin square on the bridge with a tiny but expensive
and precise force hammer.  So each impulse represents
a different observation point around the instrument.

See:

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~prc/ism98fin.pdf

As soon as you work out your programming issues (please
do run the demo program, select the mandolin, play with
the parameters, and note that things really do make the
right sounds, to give you strength to forge ahead), i'll
make available multi-directional impulse responses of a
variety of stringed instruments.

PRC
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003,
Liam