[Stk] tempo variation

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:25:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Meera,

>>1.I need to sound instrument1 ,say piano for notes n1,n2,n3 in the
>>skini file , then switch to instrument 2 , drum for note n4,n5,n6 ,
>>then get back to instrument 1 .Can i do this in Skini file (write
>>this in skini format?)

Use the Voicer class, add instrument1 on channel x, add instrument2 on
channel y, use appropriate channel numbers where desired in your SKINI
scorefile.

>>2.I need to save the output generated by reading skini file into a
>>.wav format. I tried the WvOut class but though it saves the output
>>read from Skini in the wav format, it gives "data chunk contain no
>>data" when i am playing in winamp player

I suspect that this is caused by not properly calling the WvOut
destructor when you are done.  The "data chunk" size is updated in the
class destructor, so if you don't properly delete it, the file header
won't be correctly updated.  The other thing to check is that you are
including the __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ preprocessor definition (assuming you
are working on a little endian OS like Windows).

--gary