[Stk] Introducing me...

Ross Clement rclement@dmu.ac.uk
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:56:16 +0100

Hi. I'm a new member of the Stk mailing list. I teach on a number of
degrees here at De Montfort University in Leicester, United Kingdom,
including our degree in Music Innovation. I teach a module "Audio
Application Development" with Java and the JSyn library. Before I
started work here I created a variation of the syllabus for that module
using C++ and Stk, but it was too late to change the syllabus. Not sure
what will happen next year as there are pros and cons for C++/Stk versus
Java/JSyn. My main experience in programming-based computer music is the
use of Supercollider.

Currently I'm using Stk for the first time in a first attempt at pitch
detection by AutoCorrelation. Admittedly I'm not using much of the
capabilities of Stk apart from the RtDuplex class, but once (if?) I get
the pitch tracking working correctly, I might expand it into a very
simple programmable mono voice-synth with wXwindows (or similar)
interface as a practice Stk (and cross-platform GUI audio) problem.

Cheers,

Ross-c
Ross Clement (Dr)
Senior Lecturer
Technology Division
School of Engineering and Technology
Faculty of Computing Sciences and Engineering
De Montfort University
Leicester, UK