[Stk] Question: visual C++ files in STK

Victor victorcoder@gmail.com
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:40:05 +0200

------=_Part_7108_21243012.1129045205138

I don't mind (I prefer) the project files for Win32 in VS 2003 format.

Also, I own an IRIX based SGI Octane and perhaps will be interested in
compiling stk on it just to test purposes and to help maintain
compatibility. Which are the minimum requirements (compiler & libs) to buil=
it?

regards
Victor

2005/10/11, Gary P. Scavone <gary@ccrma.stanford.edu>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm ready to make a new release of STK but I have one question for
> those who care. Up to now, I've distributed all STK Windows
> workspace and projects as VC++ 6.0 files. This allows people with
> the (very) old compiler to still recompile STK. Personally, I
> switched to .NET about a year ago and it's getting harder to find a
> computer with VC 6.0 still on it.
>
> Is there anyone here that would be VERY upset if I switched all the VC
> ++ files to the .NET release?
>
> Also, I don't want to test SGI support any longer because I don't
> have access to a machine with an up-to-date C++ compiler on it. Does
> anyone care?? :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> --gary

------=_Part_7108_21243012.1129045205138

I don't mind (I prefer) the project files for Win32 in VS 2003 format.<br>
Also, I own an IRIX based SGI Octane and perhaps will be interested in
compiling stk on it just to test purposes and to help maintain
compatibility. Which are the minimum requirements (compiler &amp; libs)
to build it?<br>
regards<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gary@ccrma.stanford.edu">gary@ccrma.stanford.edu</a>&=
gt;:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px soli=
d rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hi all,<br><br>I'm ready to make a new release of STK but I have one questi=
on for<br>those who care.&nbsp;&nbsp;Up to now, I've distributed all STK Wi=
ndows<br>workspace and projects as VC++ 6.0 files.&nbsp;&nbsp;This allows p=
eople with<br>the (very) old compiler to still recompile STK.&nbsp;&nbsp;Pe=
rsonally, I
computer with VC 6.0 still on it.<br><br>Is there anyone here that would be=
 VERY upset if I switched all the VC<br>++ files to the .NET release?<br>
ve access to a machine with an up-to-date C++ compiler on it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Do=