[Stk] Nifty ALSA Runtime Error!

Wesley John-Alder wjohnald@oberlin.edu
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:25:26 -0500

Hey guys!

I'm new to this list as well as to Stk.  I'm currently working on a
school project with Stk, and I'd like my project to be as cross-
platform as possible (Windows might make things difficult).  Anyway,
I have gotten some files (including the example projects) to compile
on every system I use (i386-linux, powermac, and powerpc-linux).  On
the powerpc-linux system that I have tried, I can compile and run
real-time programs such as rtsine without any difficulty.  However,
when I try running crtsine I get the following error message:

RtApiAlsa: error starting callback thread!

The only difference that I noted was that rtsine uses an RtWvOut
class, and crtsine uses an RtAudio class.  Again, I have never used
Stk before, so any insight that people may have pertaining to my
problem will be much appreciated.  Thanks!

wes