[Stk] Nifty ALSA Runtime Error!

Gary P. Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:38:34 -0500

Hi Wes,

RtWvOut uses RtAudio underneath it.  The issue here is that rtsine
uses a blocking audio scheme while crtsine uses a callback scheme.
My guess is that the problem has to do with the priority of the
callback thread.

In RtAudio, search for "pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(&attr,
SCHED_RR);" and change the SCHED_RR to SCHED_OTHER.  Make sure you
are in the RtApiAlsa section of the code.

Regards,

--gary