[Stk] Building stk on PS3 running with YLD 5

John Dey jsdey@optonline.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:44:20 -0500

Elvis,

I have used Midsports 2x2 and uno with fedora core 5 with great
success.  I haven't tried to download the firmware to those units on
the PS3 but I might try.  I will report back.   I was stabbing in the
dark with stk hoping that it would load and run using alsa.  I am going
to drop stk for now and devote attention to figuring how to get "c"
programs using the alsa API working.  I have tried to compile and load
some simple test programs without success.  I know that at least parts
of alsa work (e.g. aplay and speaker-test do).  Have you managed to
compile and load any alsa programs?  If so, could you share with me the
compile and load options?  Thanks.

John
On Feb 14, 2007, at 12:03 AM, Elvis John Dowson wrote:

> Hi John,
>          How do you plan to use STK running on a PS3? Is there support
> for
> any USB MIDI drivers on YDL 5.0, so that you can at least trigger
> sounds
> from a MIDI keyboard to an STK application running on the PS3.
>
> I have a PS3 running YDL 5.0, a Korg OASYS and a MIDI Sport UNO. It
> would be
> interesting if we can port STK to run on the PS3 and utilize the SPUs
> for
> synthesis.

This is the direction that I was going.  But I must learn to crawl
first.