[Stk] Installing RtAudio and STK in Windows

Uğur Güney ugurguney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 02:38:12 PST 2009

# Hi,
# I want to make a cross-platform realtime sound application (a pitch
tracker) and thought that RtAudio is a good choice of a sound API for
this purpose.
# In Ubuntu I just adjusted the RT_BUFFER_SIZE in Stk.h and followed
the ./configure & make steps and have a working system. (I think
especially percussive sounds are great!)
# But under Windows (Vista) I can not pass the configure step. I'm
using Cygwin. Gave this command:

$ ./configure --with-ds

# Configure script stoped at this step:

checking for audio API... configure: error: Unknown system type for
realtime support!

# I searched through the mail archive and found a makefile suggestion.
I adjusted it like this:

CC=gcc
INCLUDES=-I".."
SRC_DIR=".."
FLAGS=-D__WINDOWS_MM__ $(INCLUDES) -O3 -c
LIBS=-lwinmm -lstdc++ -lm
OBJS=audioprobe.o RtAudio.o

audioprobe: $(OBJS)
	$(CC) -o audioprobe.exe $(OBJS) $(LIBS)
audioprobe.o: audioprobe.cpp
	$(CC) $(FLAGS) audioprobe.cpp
RtAudio.o:
	$(CC) $(FLAGS) $(SRC_DIR)/$*.cpp
clean:
	rm -f audioprobe.exe *~ *.o

# This makefile compiled without any errors. But audioprobe.exe gave
this output:

Compiled APIs:
  RtAudio Dummy

RtApiDummy: This class provides no functionality.

Current API: RtAudio Dummy

Found 0 device(s) ...

# What do you suggest me to do?
-ugur guney-