[Stk] realtime under MacOsX

Richard Dobson richarddobson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 14:04:50 PDT 2011

On 05/04/2011 21:34, Josep M Comajuncosas wrote:
> Hi all,
> I had never tried to compile realtime stk projects for macOsX. I am getting
> some obvious linker errors...what libraries should I add? (.a, .hpp ...)? I
> attach the relevant errors...
> JosepM
>

> Building target: hellosine
> Invoking: MacOS X C++ Linker
> g++  -o "hellosine"  ./hellosine.o  ./src/FileLoop.o ./src/FileRead.o
> ./src/FileWrite.o ./src/FileWvIn.o ./src/FileWvOut.o ./src/Mutex.o
> ./src/Noise.o ./src/RtAudio.o ./src/RtWvOut.o ./src/SineWave.o
> ./src/Stk.o
> Undefined symbols:
>    "_CFStringGetCStringPtr", referenced from:
>        RtApiCore::getDeviceInfo(unsigned int)in RtAudio.o
>        RtApiCore::getDeviceInfo(unsigned int)in RtAudio.o
>    "_AudioObjectGetPropertyData", referenced from:
>        RtApiCore::probeDeviceOpen

You will need some or all of these:

-lpthread -lm  -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreFoundation
-framework CoreMidi

And two defines:

-DHAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY  -D__MACOSX_CORE__

These are all straight from the Makefile in the "projects/examples"
folder, which you should have assuming you have configured/built the
library in the usual way.

And not forgetting the RAWWAVES path should you need it.

Richard Dobson