[Stk] "patching" approach to stk?

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 4 09:07:00 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Morgan Packard <morgan at morganpackard.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> I feel like I may have asked a similar question here months ago, and gotten
> a response from you :)
> I'd like to keep everything in C++ land, use C++ to construct ugen graphs,
> not have to worry about running a separate interpreter, or generating PD
> files, especially if someone has already written something which makes doing
> so a little easier.
> The end of your email says:
> *************************
> An interesting tool might be
>
> Steve
> ************************
> are you offering to do my work for me? :)

Sorry i was looking for something to suggest but couldn't find it,
then forgot to erase that line before hitting send ;)

No I remember there was some kind of IDE/Platform someone designed
some time ago for doing "live coding" with C++.  I can't remember what
it was called though, so I can't find it.  But basically it would
compile your C++ files on the fly into dynamic libraries, load them
up, and execute your modified program without stopping.  It allowed
you to do Chuck- or SuperCollider-like programming but in C++.

Wish I could remember the name..

Steve