[Stk] can't compile the rtsine tutorial on linux/jack

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 19:13:23 PDT 2011

Thanks for your help Gary. Changing the compilation command to:

g++ -Wall -D__UNIX_JACK__ -D__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ -o rtsine RtAudio.cpp
rtsine.cpp -lpthread -ljack -lrt -lstk -L/usr/lib/stk -I/usr/include/stk

it now compiles ok. Unfortunately, running it get:

iain at musicbox:~/audio/stk/tutorials/rtsine$ ./rtsine
Bus error

Any idea how to debug that? Jack is running, I checked that! ;-)

BTW, how is the tutorial page source code handled? I would be happy to add
my findings/examples to the bottom of them so that others trying to do this
on their own with Linux and Jack can use it.

thanks
Iain