[PlanetCCRMA] prism 2.5 wireless

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jan 6 18:18:01 2003

Hi,

Has anyone been lucky enough while trying to get the Linux-wlan 802.11
modules running on the planetCCRMA 2.4.19-1.ll kernel.

I have the 2.4.19-1.11 kernel sources which I "apt-got" from the source
rpm at planetCCRMA. In the Linux source directory I have done a "make
config" and a "make dep" and after I proceed to make the modules (not
from an rpm though) but somehow after a "depmod -a" I keep getting
unresolved symbols.

The link for these modules is:

http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/

There are also binary and source rpms at (I also get dependency problems
with the rpms).

http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/

Needless to say I don't get unresolved symbols with the redhat 2.4.18-14
kernel. Most Linksys D-Link and Netgear pcmcia and usb cards use these
modules.

  Thanks,

  --* Juan Reyes