[PlanetCCRMA] ALSA configuration problem

Juha Rouhiainen juha.rouhiainen@welho.com
Tue Jan 21 09:18:01 2003

Well I did find too many snd.o files on my disk.
I decided to reinstall RH8.0 from scratch.
So everything is now on a clean basis.
Except that I don't still hear anything from my speakers after aplay
command.
Alsamixer shows volume is set on (on every possible way).
No error messages, just silence.

One change is visible. Now I cannot start ALSA using 2.4.18-14 kernel.
That is fine with me. But does anyone have any clue how to further test what
is
wrong?

One clue might be that the earlier version, which worked with 2.4.18-14
kernel (compiled from source) was ALSA 0.9.0rc2.

-- Juha