[PlanetCCRMA] Time Scale Modification: Is it available?

Tue Apr 6 08:57:02 2004

> > I'm looking for an app (or code) I might harness to slow down, or speed up audio without affecting the pitch.
> >
> > If this is already part of packages like Ardour, please just tell me.
> > I'm betraying my lack of familiarity with the GUI based tools because I
> > can't use them, if they already support TSM.
>
> Its allready part of ardour (and audacity I think). You can drag a
> regions end points in ardour using the "time fx" tool to change the
> length.
>
> Theres also various command line tools, eg.
> http://www.quitte.de/dsp/pvoc.html

This will be in the Planet later today or tomorrow (I already have it
built).

Janina: you may also want to look at the PVC packages ("apt-get install
PVC"), it is a phase vocoder that can do time stretching. After
installing it you get some info in:
  file:///usr/share/doc/PVC-3.0/README.html

-- Fernando