[PlanetCCRMA] very strange alsa, no jack

mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:39:01 2004

On 7 Apr 2004, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> I would use test with something other than jack that uses alsa, for
> example playing a wav file with aplay.
Aplay plays a wav just fine, so does XMMS with stream or CD.

> > I've tried different bitrate, periods, buffer sizes. Any other frequency
> > tells me there is a conflict between jack's freq. and the set (?) one
>
> Then you have a card that can only do 48KHz. The only thing I can think
> off is that the card interrupts are not routed properly and basically
> alsa is not really working at all. Jack seems to be happy about the card
> but is getting stuck and then Jack's watchdog process kicks in and
> terminates the whole thing.

QJACKQTL will run in playback or capture with only a few xruns, but duplex
makes them go until this comes up:
jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd
zombified - calling shutdown handler
cannot send request type 7 to server
cannot read result for request type 7 from server (Broken pipe)

I have an i810, and duplex should work with this and ALSA.  Frenando,
you've been of great help and patience, if the answer isn't obvious to
you, I may as well get a good card anyway right?

thanks for your help,
mike