[PlanetCCRMA] Problem installing Karma kernel :-/

Tom tom@abwaerts.be
Wed Apr 14 09:49:01 2004

* [Wed 14 April 2004 18:35] Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano:

> >   planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-driver (=
> > 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but 1.0.2c-1.fr is to be installed
> >                     Depends: alsa-lib (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma)
> > but 1.0.2-2.fr is to be installed
> >                     Depends: alsa-lib-devel (=
> > 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but 1.0.2-2.fr is to be installed
> >                     Depends: alsa-utils (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma)
> > but 1.0.2-1.fr is to be installed
> > E: Broken packages
> >
> > Argh! :-) Do I get this wrong, or are the alsa packages I seem to
> > get from elsewhere (that would be freshrpms.net, since I have only
> > 2 sources in /etc/apt/sources.list) more recent than the ones CCRMA
> > seems to provide?
>
> Yes, that is correct. It should be possible to make the ccrma
> repository to have higher priority than the freshrpms repository
> (from the point of view of apt) so that the older version gets
> chosen. I'll lookup the correct syntax later today...

No need to; I'll skim through, IIRC, man apt_preferences myself. :-)

Being a CCRMA newbie (and Fedora newbie too, for that matter), I
just wasn't sure whether I should be able to mix the repositories or
not, and if that should be no problem, why the upgrade wouldn't work
out.

Thanks for your assuring reply,
Tom