[PlanetCCRMA] terminatorX help

Fri Feb 6 13:58:02 2004

> Thanks, that worked.  The only difference I see is the -d hw parameter
> which I didn't have before, and the fact that I'm not root.  Can jackstart
> be run in background?

It needs a terminal. Ort you could use qjackctl, a GUI interface front
end with a nice look - and a built in patchbay which you will need, some
programs do _not_ autoconnect their jack outputs.

> Planet ccrma is a real candy store.  I'm just getting started sampling its
> wares.
>
> There are a few things that don't work for me, however:
>
> alsaplayer - just makes noise on my test file (it is 8 bit mono at 11025Hz,
> which plays on Audacity)

I've never tried with 8bit/11025...

> pd - terminates if I check jack as my audio (works with alsa)

Doing "pd -jack" with the jack server running?
That's strange...

-- Fernando