[PlanetCCRMA] cmucl and its core-files - unmet dependencies

Sun Feb 8 14:09:00 2004

> After installing the kernel and alsa, and assuring everything ran
> fine on my hardware, my needs are basically getting CM/CLM/CMN
> and Snd running straight.  So i started off grasping cmucl to
> build my own images from updated sources and my own local hacks.
>
> However, after "apt-get install cmucl" i get an error from either
> of cmucl's cores: "apt-get install cmucl-safe", "apt-get install
> cmucl-normal" or "apt-get install cmucl-small".
>
> They all return with "unmet dependencies...":
>
> [root@localhost andersvi]# apt-get install cmucl-normal
> [MUNCH]
>   cmucl-normal: Depends: cmucl (= 3.1.4) but 18e-2.rh90.ccrma is to be installed
> E: Broken packages

The 18e version of cmucl does not come with alternative images, it
includes the (only) startup image in the main package. You do not need
to install the -normal, -safe or -small packages.

BTW, I'm almost finished with a complete rework of the CM/CLM/CMN world.
I will no longer use images but load precompiled modules on startup.
Takes a bit longer but seems to work around the problems that clm had
sometimes when starting from stored images.

It will also include a recent cvs snapshot of cmucl (2003-12) which is
also needed by Open Music (which I will release as soon as I get the
CM/CLM/CMN world out). I was releasing on Friday when I noticed a
problem with upgrades from previous versions.

-- Fernando