[PlanetCCRMA] Still no sound ...

Bruce Elliott belliott4488@comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 18:42:03 2004

Bingo!!  It was either the DXS levels, which had been set to zero, or
the master mono chanel, which was muted (master stereo was up).  In any
case, I'm getting sounds out of my speakers, now, so I can move on to
the next step, which will probably be trying to get Jack working.

I might as well upgrade to 1.0.3, as well.

I also have some KDE/Gnome-related questions, but I'll post them in a
separate thread.

Thanks a lot, Mark.
- Bruce

Mark Knecht wrote:

>One screwy thing I found with the Via driver is this undocumented (as
>far as I know) 'DXS' support. If they are in some other position they
>can shut off my sound completely, or can add distortion. Probably I
>should report this as a bug and do something about it, but this works
>*ok* for me...
>
>Go all the way to the right in alsamixer and make sure the 4 DXS levels
>are all the way up to 100. Make sure that PCM and Master are turned up
>and unmuted.

That did the trick.