[PlanetCCRMA] Still no sound ...

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 19:55:03 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 18:43, Bruce Elliott wrote:
> Bingo!!  It was either the DXS levels, which had been set to zero, or
> the master mono chanel, which was muted (master stereo was up).  In any
> case, I'm getting sounds out of my speakers, now, so I can move on to
> the next step, which will probably be trying to get Jack working.
>
> I might as well upgrade to 1.0.3, as well.
>
> I also have some KDE/Gnome-related questions, but I'll post them in a
> separate thread.
>
> Thanks a lot, Mark.
> - Bruce

Bruce,
   You're welcome.

   It was the DXS stuff I think. The mono stuff has never mattered on my
machines, but who knows? ;-)

   Once you get upgraded to 1.0.3, would you check those DXS faders
again and see if you get distortions at different settings? I have, and
really should submit a bug report, but am not real motivated to do it
without some verification of the problem from another snd-via user.

Take care,
Mark