[PlanetCCRMA] Still no sound ...

Bruce Elliott belliott4488@comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 19:32:01 2004

--------------050005000908050905060109

Hey, guess what?  I'm still not sure that I actually succeeded in
upgrading my alsa package, but my attempts did set those DXS levels down
again, and muted the master mono chanel.  That's what killed my sound.

I'm sure this means more to you than to me, but it looks like I'm
confirming your suspicion about the snd-via bug.

- Bruce

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 18:43, Bruce Elliott wrote:
>

>>Bingo!!  It was either the DXS levels, which had been set to zero, or
>>the master mono chanel, which was muted (master stereo was up).  In any
>>case, I'm getting sounds out of my speakers, now, so I can move on to
>>the next step, which will probably be trying to get Jack working.
>>
>>I might as well upgrade to 1.0.3, as well.
>>
>>I also have some KDE/Gnome-related questions, but I'll post them in a
>>separate thread.
>>
>>Thanks a lot, Mark.
>>- Bruce
>>

>Bruce,
>   You're welcome.
>
>   It was the DXS stuff I think. The mono stuff has never mattered on my
>machines, but who knows? ;-)
>
>   Once you get upgraded to 1.0.3, would you check those DXS faders
>again and see if you get distortions at different settings? I have, and
>really should submit a bug report, but am not real motivated to do it
>without some verification of the problem from another snd-via user.
>
>Take care,
>Mark

--------------050005000908050905060109

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hey, guess what?&nbsp; I'm still not sure that I actually succeeded in
upgrading my alsa package, but my attempts did set those DXS levels
down again, and muted the master mono chanel.&nbsp; That's what killed my
sound.<br>
I'm sure this means more to you than to me, but it looks like I'm
confirming your suspicion about the snd-via bug.<br>
- Bruce<br>
Mark Knecht wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1079063611.3057.2.camel@marksmusic.myvnc.com">
    <pre wrap="">Bingo!!  It was either the DXS levels, which had been set to zero, or
the master mono chanel, which was muted (master stereo was up).  In any
case, I'm getting sounds out of my speakers, now, so I can move on to
the next step, which will probably be trying to get Jack working.

I might as well upgrade to 1.0.3, as well.

I also have some KDE/Gnome-related questions, but I'll post them in a
separate thread.

Thanks a lot, Mark.
- Bruce

    </pre>