[PlanetCCRMA] Still no sound ...

Sat Mar 13 12:00:03 2004

> This is dumb, but I can't seem to remember how to upgrade to alsa 1.0.2
> (or to 1.0.3, although you seemed to recommend against that).
>
> Is it just
>
> apt-get upgrade alsa   (?)
>
> That just gets me "0 packages  upgraded."
>
> apt-get install alsa
>
> doesn't do it either.  Can you just remind me of what I should be doing
> here?  (Acually, I kind of thought that "apt-get dist-upgrade" covered
> all packages, including alsa ... not so?)

yes and no. ALSA is part of the planetccrma-core-* meta package
(together with the kernel and midishare at this point). So the best way
to upgrade ALSA is to do:
  apt-get install planetccrma-core
(or whatever you choose when you installed originally).

Currently there is a 1.0.3 version of ALSA in a testing repository that
you have to manually add (temporarily) to your sources.list file (in
/etc/apt/). Just copy the line that contains "planetcore" and replace
"planetcore" with "planetedge". Then "apt-get update" and "apt-get
install planetccrma-core" should give you the latest.

I should have released this last week but I had no time.

-- Fernando