[PlanetCCRMA] Firewire

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Mar 17 09:03:01 2004

Alexander Carôt wrote:
> When running the ll-kernel on my Sony-Vaio I had to switch off firewire
> because it did not get recognized
> and so the machine crashed - whyever.

How and when did the machine crash? Boot time or later?

Any info in dmesg or /var/log/messages?

What 1394 drivers are you attempting to load at boot time? thee is no
need to load drivers then. You can modprobe and rmmod them later in a
terminal to get some feedback.

I'm critically interested as I was going to go out (possibly today) and
buy a Sony Vaio for Linux and I need 1394 to work. Others I know are
using 1394 on Vaio's successfully, but not using the Planet kernel. I
have used 1394 on the Planet kernels in the past but not on a Vaio.

Write back!

- Mark