[PlanetCCRMA] Firewire

Wed Mar 17 10:13:01 2004

> > All the firewire modules are part of the ll kernels. Why do you say they
> > are not there? (which does not mean it will work, of course, different
> > bugs in different kernels :-)
>
> When running the ll-kernel on my Sony-Vaio I had to switch off firewire
> because it did not get recognized and so the machine crashed - whyever.

It is a bug that hits the Vaios' (I have one myself). I had to turn off
the automatic load of firewire modules, and even installing RH9 was a
pain because firewire would hang the machine on the first boot after the
install (tip: boot single user and turn off firewire). If loaded
manually after the machine is done booting then they load (or so I seem
to remember).

Just a few days ago I got my Vaio back from the repair shop and
installed Fedora Core 1. FC1 does not seem to have the problem.

-- Fernando