[PlanetCCRMA] omlinux: line 41; 3980 Segmentation fault...

Wes Shull wes@kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Wed Mar 24 16:45:02 2004

I've been running FC2test/rawhide lately, so I've got Planet CCRMA removed
at the moment, but some random thoughts on segfaults and *CL borking:

This post explains some of the problems with executable stack code (with
explicit mention of Lisp interpreters) on Fedora, and possible fixes:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-November/msg00838.html

Also, I notice umb-scheme is in FC2...  not sure if it's in FC1, and I know
Scheme != Lisp, but they're very closely related...  has anyone tried to
make CM* work on umb-scheme?

Also, if you're having segfaults related to loading libraries (as
determined in gdb), you might try explicitly running your local ld.so to
load it...  for example, instead of just "/usr/bin/lisp" try
"/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /usr/bin/lisp".  Yes, I know it looks weird, running a
library, but with ELF all things are possible ;-)  The deal is apparently
that normally running the executable invokes the dynamic loader code built
into the executable, which may not be fully compatible with your glibc
(like if it was built on a different distro/release).  See also the ld.so
manpage.

--wes