[PlanetCCRMA] problems running jack Server

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Thu Mar 25 23:20:02 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>Thanks for the help, i got it running. i was running it as root and then
>>trying to run the other programs as me. is there a service script thing
>>for the Jack Server or do you need to run it by hand everytime?
>>

>You need to run it by hand. You could use the qjackctl gui front end and
>configure it to start jack on startup. Then a single click would do it
>:-)
>
>No service script is possible as the jack server has to run as the user
>that will be using it and you can't know that when you start things at
>boot time...
>
>-- Fernando

Would it be possible to use a service-type script to start and stop
Jack, but have this run jack start when an X-session starts, and jack
stop when it quits?
In case its useful to anyone else, I have a service-type script that I
use to start and stop Jack. But I just use it when running as root
(ducks to avoid good advice on not doing this).

David