[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Delta 1010

Tue Oct 19 15:38:00 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 13:51, Matt Barber wrote:
> ->Do you remember which capacitors they were, or
> how I might figure out which ones fried by look/smell/taste, etc?<-
>
> Nevermind.  I took a look inside and found one that was terribly swollen,
> with a cracked top, right next to the power supply.  Gonna have to keep this
> thing cool if we can fix it.

It is probably not (entirely) due to heat problems. Most probably the
voltage rating of the capacitor is on the edge and it degrades over
time. Just see if you can find something of about the same size, same
value but higher voltage rating. I think the ones in which we replaced
the caps are working just fine.

-- Fernando