[PlanetCCRMA] hdsp multiface silent startup

Roman Katzer Roman Katzer <klangmeister@googlemail.com>
Wed Jul 20 08:11:01 2005

Hi Jamie,

On 7/20/05, Jamie Bullock <jamie@postlude.co.uk> wrote:
> Did anyone ever get round that annoying 'feature' where the hdspmixer
> app needs to be opened after every reboot in order to get sound?
> Multiface w/PCMCIA - 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma.

yep. I think it's a feature that may keep some speakers from blowing
when power is restored to the Multiface.

You can, however, try the scripts mentioned at
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=RME&card=Hammerfall+DSP+9652.&chip=FPGA&module=hdsp#notes

Also, you can call hdspmixer from a startup script. It's going to
terminate whining about no display being available, but it still
resets the volume levels.

Regards, Roman