[PlanetCCRMA] FC3, IBM T41 sound

Michael Peters mpeters@plusthree.com
Mon May 23 11:11:01 2005

Hello all,

I've just started playing around with ardour and I wanted to try out the
ccrma low-latency kernel for FC3. I followed the instructions at
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html and
everything seemed to install just fine. However, I can no longer here
anything from my sound card (not from xmms, or the 'test sound'). This
doesn't just happen with the ccrma kernel, but my current FC3 kernel
(2.6.11-1.14_FC3) as well.

When I try to do a 'service alsasound restart' I get the following:

   Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1272:
No soundcards found

The sound card detector (system-config-soundcard) says it's an Intel
82801DB/DBL/DBM AC'97.

I've looked around the net and googled for a while but I haven't seen
anything. Any advice, pointers, or things to try?

--
Michael Peters
Developer