[PlanetCCRMA] M-Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF Sample Rate

Tue May 24 18:24:01 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 17:53, Rick Sutphin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Delta 1010LT connected to a Behringer DDX3216. The Delta 1010LT
> has a S/PDIF output sample rate of 8kHz to 100kHz. While the DDX3216 can
> handle an S/PDIF input sample rate of between 32kHz and 50kHz.
>
> I have been unable to get the S/PDIF output working, and I suspect that
> the problem is that the output sample rate of the 1010LT is out of range
> for the DDX3216.
>
> I was hoping someone on the list can help me out with the following:
> 1. does anyone know what the S/PDIF Out sample rate is for  the Delta
> 1010LT?
> 2. can anyone tell me how I can set the S/PDIF Out sample rate?

The only experience I have is with other similar cards (Delta 66 / Delta
1010). In those cases the sampling rate is determined by the rate you
set in the configuration panel in envy24control (unless you slave to
spdif in which case the card should use whatever is being sent from the
mixer). What happens, I guess, would depend on whether the mixer can
actually sample rate convert whatever is coming in through spdif. It
should, of course, but I don't know what happens with that mixer in
particular.

What I'd do is to connect both input and output (spdif) to the mixer and
set the 1010LT to slave its sampling rate to the mixer. Then the mixer
will be the one that determines at what rate the card runs (I have a
1010 slaved to a DMR24 mixer this way).

-- Fernando