[PlanetCCRMA] M-Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF Sample Rate

Rick Sutphin sutphinc@bellsouth.net
Tue May 24 19:24:01 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 17:53, Rick Sutphin wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a Delta 1010LT connected to a Behringer DDX3216. The Delta 1010LT
>>has a S/PDIF output sample rate of 8kHz to 100kHz. While the DDX3216 can
>>handle an S/PDIF input sample rate of between 32kHz and 50kHz.
>>
>>I have been unable to get the S/PDIF output working, and I suspect that
>>the problem is that the output sample rate of the 1010LT is out of range
>>for the DDX3216.
>>
>>I was hoping someone on the list can help me out with the following:
>>1. does anyone know what the S/PDIF Out sample rate is for  the Delta
>>1010LT?
>>2. can anyone tell me how I can set the S/PDIF Out sample rate?
>>

>The only experience I have is with other similar cards (Delta 66 / Delta
>1010). In those cases the sampling rate is determined by the rate you
>set in the configuration panel in envy24control (unless you slave to
>spdif in which case the card should use whatever is being sent from the
>mixer). What happens, I guess, would depend on whether the mixer can
>actually sample rate convert whatever is coming in through spdif. It
>should, of course, but I don't know what happens with that mixer in
>particular.
>
>What I'd do is to connect both input and output (spdif) to the mixer and
>set the 1010LT to slave its sampling rate to the mixer. Then the mixer
>will be the one that determines at what rate the card runs (I have a
>1010 slaved to a DMR24 mixer this way).
>
>-- Fernando

Frenando,

Thanks for the great job on Planet CCRMA.

The DDX3216 does have a sample rate converter. Having tried for three
days to get spdif output working without success, I have reached the
point that I am grasping at straws.

I have verified the following:
1. all analog in/out channels of the 1010LT are working
2. spdif output to the 1010LT spdif input works
3. the 1010LT will accept spdif clock from the DDX3216
4. envy24control monitor mixer is showing signals on both spdif out and
spdif in
5. playback_9 and playback_10 are showing up in qjackctl
6. if sound source (Hydrogen in this case) is connected to playback_9
and playback_10
     and PCM_1 and PCM_2 is set to digital mixer, I get output on analog
1 and analog 2
7. if I connect spdif out on a Sound Blaster Live in another FC3 box I
have to the DDX3216
   it works no problems
8. with the 1010LT master clock is set to spdif, spdif still does not work

 From reading your post, it seems my theory that a mis-match in samples
rates might be the problem is full of holes. So, the only other theory I
have now is that problem is with the 1010LT or its configuration.

At this point, I have not figured out how to test this. I am thinking of
trying to connect the spdif out on the 1010LT to the spdif in (like a
NULL plug) to see what happens (hopefully I won't let the magic smoke
out).  I am also trying to figure out a way to connect the spdif out on
the 1010LT to the spdif in on the Sound Blaster Live, though I haven't
figured out listen/record the sound on the spdif in.

Rick