[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour changing pitch

Stephen Crane scrane@cornerkitchenpeddler.com
Wed Nov 30 11:14:02 2005

I've been having trouble with Ardour changing the pitch of my tracks after I
save, shut down the computer and come back to it a week or so later.

First I recorded about a dozen tracks. When I came back to this project a week
or so later, all the tracks had gone a little over a half step flat, but they
were all in tune with each other. So I re-recorded my tracks, leaving the
old, out-of-tune ones alone. When I came back a couple of weeks later, the
newer tracks were out of tune (flat), again all by the same amount, but the
old tracks that were out of tune before, were now perfectly in tune.

Here's my specs:
Fedora Core 2 - CCRMA Edge kernel
Latest updates from CCRMA (a couple of days ago)
M-Audio Delta 410 (PCI card)
Sample Rate - 44100

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've searched all over, but the only
thing I found even close to this problem was this post:
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2005-July/009835.html
but it doesn't appear to be the same problem to me.

Thanks,
Stephen