[PlanetCCRMA] 'default' sound card?

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 06:53:03 2005

On 9/2/05, nigel henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 Sep 2005 11:19 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >
> > lightning ~ # cat /proc/asound/cards
> > 0 [CK804          ]: NFORCE - NVidia CK804
> >                      NVidia CK804 with ALC850 at 0xda103000, irq 185
> > 1 [default        ]: H-DSP - Hammerfall DSP
> >                      RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 at 0xda000000, irq 209
> > lightning ~ #

> Hi Mark. Wouldn't settings the options in /etc/modprob.conf sort the order in
> which the cards were loaded, as below.
> options snd_cardID index=0
> options snd_cardID index=1

Nigel,
   Please note above that they are in the right order. The NForce is
0, RME is 1. The problem identified was that it says

1 [default   ]

and not

1[HDSP9652   ]

   I joind the alsa-developers list and asked about this. It appears
that the issue is the timing of when the HDSP driver registers names.
The system is most likely working correctly. (I'll find out today)

Thanks,
Mark