[PlanetCCRMA] Recording problem

Ron Pepper feffer777@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 21:44:01 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to record audiostreams for later playback using FC-3 with
the 2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel. I've tried a variety of apps
and had various problems. This is my latest attempt using alsaplayer
and arecord.

[rp@localhost ~]$ alsaplayer /home/rp/Streams/WLS_AM.pls | arecord -f
dat -d 60 /home/rp/Desktop/test_44.wav
Recording WAVE '/home/rp/Desktop/test_44.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo
overrun!!! (at least 0.049 ms long)

Dispite the overrun, this did record the stream for 60 seconds and
the voice sounded natural upon playback. Is there a way to get rid of
the overrun or is that even a problem?

Can I start and stop this command to capture a particular broadcast
perhaps using cron? Also, I need a way to restart the stream if it
breaks; all this in unattended mode, of course. Any helpful pointers
would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ron