[PlanetCCRMA] fglrx on planet kernel (DRM compiled into kernel)

Scott Davidson jsd_290@fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 4 12:18:01 2005

Hello,

I've been trying to get the ATI proprietary drivers intalled on my
laptop along side the planet kernel (2.6.13-0.3). When trying to install
the new module (using the livna package and a custom kernel module), it
fails because the ccrma kernel already compiled in the DRM support. I
tried to rebuild the kernel with the option turned off, but the build
failed with the following error:

(in /usr/src/kernels/<dist>/)
% sudo make bzImage
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `init/main.o', needed by
`init/built-in.o'.  Stop.

Is this expected? I'm new to this type of thing, so I'm not sure if I'm
doing it right. Are there any special steps to take when recompiling the
planet kernel? Is there any way to workaround the recompile (i.e.
delete/move the DRM components that came from the original kernel
compile)?

Thanks for any advice.
-Scott

--