[PlanetCCRMA] jack input is mono??

Mon Mar 27 09:51:01 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 23:33 +0100, karlos wrote:
> I have a strange little problem with the capture of audio. When I
> unmute an alsa line-in channel its all in stereo,

Using which program?

> but as soon as I try and capture it, for instance to  patch alsa_pcm
> input in qjackctl to the output its suddenly just mono.

How many input channels do you see in the qjackctl connections dialog
window? That should be what the card really has. It probably is two
(meaning you see two inputs in the left pane).

What do you exactly mean by it "being mono"? Are there two inputs in the
connect pane? If so, one is silent? Or the same signal is present in
both?

-- Fernando