[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia problem

Jason Russler jason.russler@gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 05:26:02 2006

------=_Part_25546_22454207.1162992352503

I've been running FC6 for a bit now and it may interest people to know that
after making the appropriate additions to "/etc/security/limits.conf" the
process scheduling seems _much_ more aggressive with the FC6 kernel than FC5
was.  I usually work at around 1024 with jack (with -R) since I'm not doing
a software monitoring but, I'm sure I could take it to 512 or even 256 -
it's not anything like the Planet's rt kernel but it's running pretty darn
tight.  And the beta Nvidia driver from Livna work fine on it (spiffy
desktop effects and all).  Just to let you know, if you don't need that ~3ms
latency, the stock FC6 kernel isn't bad.  Of course, you'll have to compile
some stuff but a lot of the basic audio apps and libraries are in Fedora
Extras repo.....

On 11/8/06, izzy <atorima@vfemail.net> wrote:

> Fernando,
>
> Thank you for your help (and everyone else on the list, too)
>
>   After spending quite a bit of time configuring FC5 and getting
> everything working I just had to have that nvidia binary and messed it
> all up.
>
>   I'm not quite sure of the damage and don't have time to dig into it
> for a few days and not quite sure if I really want to. My inclination is
> to just wipe it and start over. In fact I've ordered an FC6 DVD and I'm
> sure Planet Core for FC6 will be up sooner or later. Looking forward to
> it!
>
> I may just have to learn live without that nvidia binary, though!
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Izzy

------=_Part_25546_22454207.1162992352503

I've been running FC6 for a bit now and it may interest people to know that after making the appropriate additions to &quot;/etc/security/limits.conf&quot; the process scheduling seems _much_ more aggressive with the FC6 kernel than FC5 was.&nbsp; I usually work at around 1024 with jack (with -R) since I'm not doing a software monitoring but, I'm sure I could take it to 512 or even 256 - it's not anything like the Planet's rt kernel but it's running pretty darn tight.&nbsp; And the beta Nvidia driver from Livna work fine on it (spiffy desktop effects and all).&nbsp; Just to let you know, if you don't need that ~3ms latency, the stock FC6 kernel isn't bad.&nbsp; Of course, you'll have to compile some stuff but a lot of the basic audio apps and libraries are in Fedora Extras repo.....&nbsp;

------=_Part_25546_22454207.1162992352503--