[PlanetCCRMA] Recording Application Preferences (pros and cons)

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Sun Mar 11 09:16:00 2007

Ardour.  If you're recording instruments as opposed to computer
generated music Ardour is really the only choice.  It's comparable to
the higher end versions of Pro Tools.  I use JAMin (obviously) to do the
final mastering and the ability to run Ardour "master out" into JAMin
and then from JAMin back in to an Ardour stereo track at the same time
is really nice.  As far as I know, that capability is not available in
either the Mac or Windows world.  I usually use Audacity to trim the
final product and optionally dump to Ogg and/or mp3.

Jan