[PlanetCCRMA] Macbook Pro and CCRMA RT kernel

Mon Apr 7 08:26:52 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 02:28 -0700, earthwormgaz wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> My laptop has given up the ghost, so I'm going to get a new one. I'm
> thinking the new Macbook Pro.
>
> Is this going to be okay with the RT kernel? I understand there are a load
> of macintel patches for the kernel, is there a release that contains these?
>
> Also, is the nvidia driver built for the RT kernel?
>
> Anyone else using this laptop on CCRMA and want to share their experiences?

We have a bunch of macbook(pro) users at CCRMA that successfully boot
into both OSX and Fedora 8, some notes here:

http://cm-wiki.stanford.edu/wiki/MacTel_PlanetCCRMA

http://cm-wiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Macbook_pro_triple-boot#Fedora_8_Install