[PlanetCCRMA] installing 32 bit software on 64 bit planet

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes at ircam.fr
Fri Apr 11 09:40:38 PDT 2008

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> One example is pd, another supercollider and yet another chuck. I think
> the latest versions of pd would actually build on Fedora 64 bits but I
> have not yet tried to update them yet. The other two are not yet running
> on 64 bit operating systems AFAIK.

I was not able to find a more recent version of pd-extended than the
one in planetccrma. Actually I have gotten as far as "OSCx won't
build" and a post on the pd mailing-list suggesting to remove it from
pd-extended altogether; I have not investigated any further. A
cvs/svn/whatever snapshot might work, but I have not even tried to
build it.

Pd itself builds on x86_64; AFAIK the 0.39.x version (the one in the
planet) is buggy but more recent versions have fixed many problems
related with 64-bit.

--
Arnaud