[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 12, real-time kernel and Nvidia : yes we can

udutronik Tronik udutronik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:36:43 PST 2009

Hello all,

I thought it would be relevant to start a new thread with a name that can be
referenced later.

The good news : I finally succeded in making CCRMA's kernel boot with full
nvidia support. OK I had to do a complete reinstall of F12 so that I was
sure nothing was broken. I'm an enthousiast newbie but sometimes enthousiasm
is dangerous :-)

Here is what I did:

Before installing CCRA's kernel

1) AKMOD

You have to install the Nvida drivers with akmod, following the instructions
you'll find here :

2) reboot to make sure everything was ok

3) install CCRMA's kernel (yum install planetccrma-core will do it for you,
and much more )

4) AKMOD needs devel packages for a new kernel in order to install the
nividia driver so install CCRMA's Kernel-rt-devel (find it by doing yum list
kernel-rt*)

5) reboot, it should be OK (AKMOD will build on boot)

There are more infos about AKMODs, including an how-to if Kernel-rt is
already installed here : http://fedorasolved.org/Members/zcat/akmods