[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA on Fedora 12

Sun Dec 27 11:05:03 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 21:28 -0600, Paul Schmidt wrote:
> Hello, new member here.
>
> I recently installed Planet CCRMA on Fedora 12. There seemed to be no
> official support, but I saw the packages for it in the repository.
> There seemed to be several packages needed for the install, missing
> from the Fedora 12 repository.
>
> planetccrma-apps
> planetccrma-artwork
> planetccrma-menus

Yes, sorry, I never made it to making these before leaving on vacation.
I wanted to redo the -apps meta package as it is very stale.

You should install (on fc12) the multimedia-menus (don't remember if
that is the right name) - the Planet CCRMA menus from 11 (as you say
below) will still work, of course. I need to update the web site, too
little time. Hopefully next year I'll redo everything Drupal (our site
at CCRMA just migrated to that).

> I downloaded and installed the ones for Fedora 11, and everything
> seems to have installed OK. Was this the best way to do this?

For now I guess it is fine.
Happy Holidays for everyone!
-- Fernando