[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel-rt and akmods

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Tue Jun 2 13:43:18 PDT 2009

> And I hope the issues with akmod  and the dot 29 kernels
> gets worked out before ccrma moves to F11.

Well,  I've been playing with Fedora 11(early/buggy edition) and I get the same sort of errors when trying to build a 29-CCRMA-rt kmod there.  The main error looks very close to the one on F9.  I had hoped that the problems would go away while using the newest 2.6.29.4 headers, but alas, same frustrations.

FYI,  Fedora 11 looks pretty good so far using the i386(i585) version.  There are a few bugs and I don't know if they fixed the "sda6" problem, as I found an easy way to work around it on the machine.  I haven't tried a good audio test yet, but a lot of Fedora's audio stuff is there and installs ok.  F11 also seems to run fine with the newest(2.6.29.4-1.rt16.1.fc10.ccrma.x86_64.rt) kernel with the stock 2D nv and nouvea video drivers.