[PlanetCCRMA] fedora 11 support at the Planet...

Tue Jun 9 11:08:03 PDT 2009

Just a heads up before the list is flooded with questions about when is
Fedora 11 landing on the Planet :-)

I'm working on it. It turns out that Fedora 11 changed some internal
workings of rpm/yum which means my build system server no longer works
(for building F11 packages). I've been working for a couple of days on
it and just now there are glimmers of hope.

A lot of Planet CCRMA packages have already migrated to Fedora so if you
install plain F11 you may get what you need. But find out first :-) For
example, you will not have an rt kernel or jackmp, etc, etc...

Just do music and resist the urge to upgrade for now :-)